What We Believe:
Hope's core theological beliefs are well encapsulated in the document our denomination (the EPC) calls "The Essentials of Our Faith." We believe...
1. In the inspired Word of God found in the Bible.
2. In one God who exists eternally as three persons; Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
3. In Jesus Christ, who is both fully God and fully man, that He died on the cross for our sins and rose from the dead.
4. In the Holy Spirit, who shows us our sin in order to draw us to our Savior, and who gives us gifts to serve as God's people.
5. That we are separated from God by sin, but can be made whole and reunited to Him entirely because of God's free grace, as Jesus takes our sin and gives us the gift of His righteousness.
6. That we are not the only true church or denomination, but we seek to be a church true to how God has called us to serve and worship Him.
7. That Jesus will return someday and will remake the world in a way that makes all sad things come untrue.
8. That all followers of Jesus are commanded to proclaim the Good News of who Jesus is and what He has done. To do so individually in our families, communities, workplaces, schools, and and all of our lives. And to do so together by supporting those called to take the Good News to the ends of the earth.
In addition to these core beliefs, Hope ascribes to all of the position papers and pastoral letters of the EPC and believes that the essentials listed above are described in more detail and specificity in the Westminster Confession of Faith and Larger and Shorter Catechisms. Click here and scroll down to read these documents.
If you have any questions about anything else, we would love to talk to you about it! Please give us a call at 540-898-4673, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or stop by the church on a Sunday or during mid-week office hours!