Support Hope's Trunk or Treat!
October 29, 2017 @ Battlefield Elementary / Middle School
6 – 7:30 p.m.
In order for Hope Trunk-or-Treat to work well and be a positive experience for the entire community we need at least 25 participating “trunks.” We have so much fun with this event each year that in 2017 we would like to invite you to join in with us. See the recipe below for details on how you can be involved. If you would like to participate please register, completing the form below and sending it by Wednesday, October 18. We will be in touch with you shortly after that!
1 parking space
1 automobile trunk, hatchback, or pickup bed
1 theme for decorating
1 simple carnival-type game
Generous supply of candy or treats
1 or more friendly dispositions
1. Park automobile in your assigned space between Battlefield Middle and Elementary Schools. Be sure back end is facing “inside” of ring of trunks. Cars must be parked no earlier than 4:30 p.m. and no later than 5:30 p.m.
2. Decorate your trunk, hatchback, or truck bed. In the spirit of family fun and neighborhood friendliness we ask that you please keep your decorating ideas “fun & friendly” (as opposed to “scary, gross, or morbid”). Steer away from witches, vampires, zombies, etc. We suggest comic book characters, nursery rhymes, superheroes, movies (e.g. Star Wars, Wizard of Oz, etc.), Bible stories/characters, sports (teams, star players/personalities, activities), etc.
3. Create a simple game; one that “everybody wins” in order to receive a treat. We’ve been told these little activities are what set our trunk-or-treat apart from others in the area. You need not be a creative genius…but if you are one, put that to work for you! Ideas include a simple ring-toss, guessing or matching games, hopscotch, hoop shoots, shell games, card tricks, and so on.
4. Add candy. We will have some extra, but you should come prepared. Normally trunk-or-treat attracts a crowd in excess of 300-400 children.
5. Stir in lots of smiles and a healthy dose of patience. Though we close the line to the public at 7:30 p.m. and begin disassembling shortly thereafter, you should expect and be prepared to be present until 8 p.m.